Potential of Renewable Energy.



Sunlight takes 8 minutes 20 seconds to reach earth's surface and it is almost 3078 times the energy that we need to sustain. So, our SUN is seen as most abundant renewable energy source.

           Average global power demand is considered to be 16 TW. Surface power density is a tool which helps us evaluate land requirement for each renewable energy resource. Table given below shows range of densities that represent an average power density of all locations on earth.

Source
W/m2
Hydro
8-10
Wind
2-3
Solar
20-30
Bio
0.1-0.3
Geo
0.005-0.015
Tidal
2.5-3.5
Wave
20-30

                      Solar Energy is economically viable and competitive in market. A recent report in International Energy Agency (IEA) states that photo-voltaic and solar thermal technologies will fulfill 27% demand by 2050. Dropping cost of solar cell and continuous innovation is making solar technology more attractive. Innovations have been made in past years and efficiency has also reached beyond limits, thus promising a future with clean energy.







7 comments:

  1. Such a great work. Keep it up bro

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. חברות אנרגיה סולארית בישראל

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. חברות אנרגיה סולארית בישראל

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUN is seen as most abundant renewable energy source

    ReplyDelete